Sunday, April 21, 2013

Japan town! Cherry Blossom Festival 04/20/'13

Ho! Ho!
It's been a long time since I've been to Japan town and this time I have accomplished a lot of stuff and enjoyed my time there.
My accomplishments might sound weird but I'm an otaku and IDC x3 it was my first time for almost everything!

Well yesterday was my first time riding the BART train. There's no big difference compared to LRTs in the Philippines but since this place is new to me, it was more nerve racking.

And then I had my first dango and donburi!! I forgot to take pictures tho...kuso!!! Anyways I really like the dango!! And the donburi was good as well! I love the tea from that restaurant the most!

My first time using the Pica Pica machine!.. It was fun! Reminds me of Girl Friends and some other anime too xD

clockwise: Crystal, Alyssa(cosplaying Glenda from Gravity Falls), Stephanie , then MWAH x3
This one may be really silly but I actually found it funny.. So it's about this traditional Japanese game usually found during festivals wherein you are given a hook that is tied to a tissue paper. You have to use it to reel in a water balloon from a water basin. (Otakus would know this one. The female characters play with it like a yoyo)
Anyways, yeah.. it was silly but it was also for a cause ^^
I think they made the balloon since it's not a perfect circle, but I don't really mind. just noticed xD

I had a good crepe too!!! It was filled with peaches, whip cream, condensed milk, green tea ice cream and cheesecake. The touch of cheesecake was really good! I wish we had taiyaki too tho :(


mine's the one on the right :3
And lastly, I bought my first ever manga(s)!!! Woooo! I was surprised that I only spent $40 for 2 volumes of and one part 2 collection of manga.
I had a hard time choosing though but I ended up buying my three favorite series K-on!, Fairy Tail, and Girl Friends. Right now I'm just happy that I was able to support Kakifly, Hiro Mashima, and Milk Morinaga by buying their respective manga ^^
K-on vol. 4, Girl Friends Collection 2, and Fairy Tail vol. 24...I finally have manga!!!

Too bad I didn't have lots of pictures though nor pictures of the event itself (._.) but I enjoyed staring at manga for three hours xD

No comments:

Post a Comment